Job Title: Finance Manager
Posted: Nov 24th, 2021
Application Deadline: May 20th, 2022
Hours: 20/hr week.
Pay and benefits: commensurate with experience, $19 – $22.50 per hour. Benefits include health insurance.
Applications accepted until position is filled. To apply, please click here.
The Finance Manager is a key role at the Peace & Justice Center and Store. The Operations Manager works closely with the Store Manager and board Treasurer and reports to the Executive Director.
This is a 20 hour/week position. Classification: Non-Exempt. The position includes combined time off as well as a health care benefit or a payment in lieu of. More hours may be required at the end of the PJC fiscal year in September.
About you: The ideal candidate will be an upbeat, organized, and dependable person with scrupulous attention to detail and a passion for and experience with our mission; someone with lived experience of marginalization and/or an advanced self-awareness about privilege and accountability; someone who loves numbers and likes to work behind the scenes; and someone who is self-motivated and is forward-thinking about systems and efficiency.
About us: We envision a just and peaceful world. We work on the interconnected issues of peace; human rights; and economic, social, racial, and environmental justice; through education, advocacy, training, nonviolent activism, community organizing, and collaboration.
The main components of the job include:
- Financial management (Quickbooks)
- Budget development and tracking (Excel)
- Donor management and database upkeep (Little Green Light)
- Accounts payable
- General financial operations
- Human Resources and payroll
- Allied Group support (working with groups we fiscally sponsor)
- General administrative work
Additional skills and experience that will be helpful to know or learn:
- Point of sales/retail experience
- Volunteer management
- Maintain QuickBooks and bookkeeping records, including reconciliation of accounts
- Draft annual budget, create financial projections (including cash flow), financial models, and program specific budgets with support of the ED and managers
- Provide monthly reporting on financial performance to the ED, board, and staff
- Maintain a donor database and create tiers of thank-you’s for staff to follow-up on
- Support fiscally sponsored organizations with financial management
- Supervise any financial data-entry volunteers and interns
- Check Paypal and transfer money from transaction services
- Make deposits maintaining the details of the source of the funds as needed
- Manage payroll with supporting payroll firm
- Pay rent, sales tax, insurance, and other bills in a timely fashion in consultation with the ED and according to PJC’s financial needs
- Run monthly credit card donations
- Create reports, answer queries, and generally support PJC’s tax reporting
- Support store operations as needed
PJC employees are paid commensurate with experience and, at a minimum, the livable wage as determined by the City of Burlington which is currently $16.83/hour. The pay range for this position is expected to be between $19 and $23 per hour.
- Office and small business financial management experience
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to work in a group or independently at a high level of performance
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
How to apply
Submit your application using the form below. Applications will be accepted until May 20th, 2022 and interviews will move forward on a rolling basis.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. PJC Reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential responsibilities (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.
Peace & Justice Center (PJC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind. PJC is committed to equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at PJC are based on organization needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. PJC encourages applicants of all ages and identities.