Other Groups Working On This Issue
Check out these websites for more information on things you can do to spread the word and help make a difference.
- 10 Campaign
- Green America
- Oasis USA
- Global Exchange
- Fair Trade Federation
- Raise the Bar Campaign
- Fair Trade Resource Network
Resources for Information
- Harkin-Engel Protocol
- ILO Convention 182
- Fair Trade Federation
- Fair Trade USA
- International Cocoa Organization
- Anti-Slavery Report
- Unicef Report
- 10 Campaign FAQ
- Fair Trade Towns
- Write to your local newspaper with the International Labor Rights’ Forum here.
- Send a letter through Green America telling Hershey to go fair trade.
- Print this page out and use it to collect signatures for the Raise the Bar campaign.
- Call Hershey and tell them to go fair trade.
- Sign this petition by Global Exchange to send to the CEO of Hershey.
- Email Nestle using this form. Use our letter as a sample. Or, use the form and letter available on the International Labor Rights Forum site here.
- Email Hershey’s using this form. Use our letter as a sample.
- Contact M&M’s/Mars, following instructions available on theGlobal Exchange site.
- Email M&M/Mars Policies at email@example.com. Use our letter as a sample.
- Tell Cargill and ADM to Stop Supporting Slavery “Cargill and Archer Daniels Midland are fighting against a provision in the Farm Bill which would provide importers with a voluntary way to demonstrate to consumers that their products are harvested without the worst forms of child labor or forced labor. Tell these companies that they should stop defending slave labor!”
- Email Carly Zoerb: firstname.lastname@example.org, of the Chocolate Manufacturers Association Use our letter as a sample.
- Email Bill Guyton: email@example.com, President of the World Cocoa Foundation. Use our letter as a sample.
- Email your representative (you need your 5+4-digit zipcode, which you can lookup here) and your senators. Use our letter as a sample.
- Email Tom Harkin using this form. You can also contact Eliot Engel using this form though he “can only respond to those people living in the 17th Congressional district of New York” (for instance, if your zipcode is, say, 10533-1041). Use our letter as a sample.
Sources for Actions You Can Take
StopChocolateSlavery also put together a great list of actions you can take that we’ve listed below, which you can also check out here