During events hosted by the Peace & Justice Center, we may require certain specific roles to be filled. These roles may not be typical and may include tasks such as being a marshal or banner carrier in a large march or rally, taking or selling tickets, distributing goods or services, etc. Event volunteers must be flexible, independent but willing to ask questions, and creative. Supervision will be provided as far as is possible and practicable and duties will be clearly outlined before the event begins. We also have need for event volunteers who go to other community events as a PJC representative to set up an information table or speak to a crowd.
This volunteer experience is ideal for people who are…
- interested in working in a small nonprofit
- looking to connect with people in the community
- looking to get involved in the organizing of protests or other types of events
As a volunteer, you will enjoy the following…
- Being a representative of the PJC
- 20% discount in our store
- Monthly Volunteer Gatherings
- Gaining membership in the PJC and having voting rights at our Annual Meetings
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The PJC is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from youth, people of color, people of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and people with disabilities.